HRC is recruiting psychiatrists and clinicians: click here for more details

Fees and Insurance

January 01, 2022 No Surprises Act:

You have the right to receive a “Good Faith Estimate” explaining how much your medical care will cost.

Under the law, health care providers need to give patients who don’t have insurance or who are not using insurance an estimate of the bill for medical items and services.

  • You have the right to receive a Good Faith Estimate for the total expected cost of any non-emergency items or services. This includes related costs like medical tests, prescription drugs, equipment, and hospital fees.
  • Make sure your health care provider gives you a Good Faith Estimate in writing at least 1 business day before your medical service or item. You can also ask your health care provider, and any other provider you choose, for a Good Faith Estimate before you schedule an item or service.
  • If you receive a bill that is at least $400 more than your Good Faith Estimate, you can dispute the bill.
  • Make sure to save a copy or picture of your Good Faith Estimate.

For questions or more information about your right to a Good Faith Estimate, visit or call HRC Behavioral Health & Psychiatry, PA at 919-929-1227.

If using Blue Cross Blue Shield, HRC recommends that prospective clients call the phone number for mental health on back of your insurance card to verify coverage and benefits prior to coming to your appointment. (Please be aware that some Blue Cross Blue Shield policies carve out their mental health benefits to a different insurance carrier, for which your provider might be out of network.) If you have any questions, please contact our office.

None of our providers are in network for Medicaid.

NOTICE: HRC Out-of-Network Insurance Filing Changes

Effective January 1, 2018, if your HRC Provider is Out-of-Network with your insurance carrier, HRC will no longer file to your insurance as a courtesy. Visits will need to be paid in full at the time the service is rendered if you wish to file on your own to your Out-of-Network benefits OR you can talk to your provider about a special rate. Services provided at a special rate can be filed to your insurance but the special rate must be indicated on the documentation submitted for the Out-of-Network claim. HRC will supply an insurance ready form so that clients may submit Out-of-Network claims. Please speak with your provider about which insurances they are currently In-Network with.